Here I would like to introduce to you the Top places to visit in Da Lat. They are the most tourist attractions in Dalat: Langbiang mountain, Dalat railway station, Linh Phuoc Pagoda…
1. Langbiang mountain:
Lang Biang Mountains is located on Lang Biang Plateau, Lac Duong District, Lam Dong Province. It’s only about 12km from Dalat centre and sometimes called Lam Vien Mountain as well.
K’Lang and Ho Biang love story
Only 12km from the central of Dalat, you will see Lang Biang Mountains standing imposingly and beautifully like the roof of Dalat city.
Legend says that the name Lang Biang was derived from the name a couple who were deeply in love with each other – the boy named K’lang and the girl named Ho Biang. They fell in love with each other after K’lang saved Biang’s life from a fierce heard of wolves. However, they weren’t allowed to get married due to the long-standing feud between their tribes.
Generally, there are two versions of this story. One said that at last, they got married and then moved onto a mountain to live. Unfortunately, when Biang caught a critically illness, K’lang had to come back to the tribe to ask for help, the people here shot him with a poisonous arrow. However, it was Ho Biang to be shot since she had shielded her husband. K’lang could not suffer such loss, he cried and his tear made up a big stream which is now called Dankia (the Golden Stream). The second version said that: the couple committed suicide together since they couldn’t get married.
In both versions, Ho Biang’s father was so repentant of his daughter’s dead that he unified the tribes into one called K’ho and allowed boys and girls in K’Ho group to get married to each other. Their graves then grew into the two giant mountains, and in order to memorize the couple with profound love, the mountain range was renamed into what we call it today: Lang Biang.
2. Dalat railway station:
Dalat railway station was designed by architect Reveron with Ang-normand architecture style with was affected the modern style. Then architecture Moncet designed some more details and supervised the construction. It was built in 1935 and finished in 1938. This is the unique and beautiful construction of Dalat.
The station is located on a flat anf wide land. It has 66m in length, 11.5m in width and 11m in height. It is a symmetrically arranged house which has a main hall in the middle (37m x 10m) and some small rooms in two sides.
It was well-decorated with a lot of colorful windows which made the house bright. The waiting-room has a large space.
Dalat railway station is one of the most beautiful and original architecture works of Dalat and Vietnam. Previously, it was one of the most beautiful Railway Station of Indochina.
On 28 December, 2001 it was recognized as National Architecture Relic.
No. 1 Quang Trung street, ward 10, Dalat city. Tel: 0633.822.170
Linh Phuoc Pagoda 3:
– 3rd Place would like to introduce to you Linh Phuoc Pagoda, is one of the places that tourists often mentioned, very sacred temple suitable for those who come to worship and go sightseeing.
– Linh Phuoc Pagoda is located at 120 Tu Duc, in the area of Camp Mat, Da Lat city center 8 km, on Highway 20. The temple is also known as Chua Ve Chai because the yard there long dragon 49 m is made of 12,000 bottles of beer. Linh Phuoc Pagoda is an earthen structure unique mosaic of the city of Dalat.
Chua Linh Phuoc-
Linh Phuoc Pagoda
4. Ho Xuan Huong:
– 4th Place that Ho Xuan Huong. Lake attracts a lot of tourists come here to visit daily, the lake is very romantic, charming scenery with a little chilly air, making people feel comfortable nao nao very impressive.
– Xuan Huong Lake is a beautiful lake located between the city center of Da Lat. Around the lake there are pine forests and lawns, flower gardens. This is a favorite tourists stroll or carriage to visit the city of Dalat. Xuan Huong Lake is an artificial lake, about 5 km in circumference, 25 hectares. Crescent-shaped lake that lasted nearly 7 km to go through many tourist sites of the city of Dalat, such as the city flower garden, Yersin Park, Doi Cu.
Xuan Huong lake
5. Domaine de Marie Church:
– Come to the 5th place Domaine de Marie Church which attracts a lot of visitors, many companies organize Dalat tour included sightseeing schedule.
– Domaine de Marie Church, or Territory Notre Dame, also known as Church of Mai Anh (located on the hill because there are cherry-hill Mai Anh) is a group of buildings including a chapel and two blocks the monastery of the Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent with a total area of 12ha located on Ngo Quyen from Dalat city center is about 1 km to the southwest. The official name “Mai Anh Stripping performance Cathedral Immaculate Conception”.
Domaine de Marie Church
6. Truc Lam:
– Come to the 6th tourist destination that is Thien Truc Lam. Monastery is the place occupied by so many tourists worship a Buddhist and is also ideal for sightseeing because it has a very charming landscape with views of the beautiful Tuyen Lam Lake.
– Truc Lam Zen monastery of Truc Lam Yen Tu. Monastery from Dalat city center 5 km, located on Phoenix mountain, above the Tuyen Lam Lake. This is not only the largest monastery in Lam Dong, but also as places of worship and many domestic and foreign tourists.
7. Love Valley:
– 7th Place that’s very romantic Love Valley, the valley has romantic landscapes and many activities very interesting game as the lower reservoir rides very interesting.
– Valley of Love is one of the most romantic spots in Da Lat, the city center about 5 km north. That is where the dam Da Thien gathered the small stream flowing from the high hills, Da Thien Lake clear the winding green pine-lined valley. In the ’30s, the whole of Indochina and the French couples often choose this setting for a date, then Vallée d’Amour named. By the time King Bao Dai, the region known as the Valley of Peace, to 1953, Mr. Nguyen Vy – Chairman of Da Lat Town Council at the time – has proposed renamed Valley of Love.
8. Dream Hill:
Dream Hill is a poetic landscapes of Dalat, which even its name also speaks of “poetry”. Some call Dalat Mong Mo Hill is minimized. Dream Hill is a new resort built recently, with the artistic arrangement of the villas, pools, restaurants, amusement parks, souvenir area, … all creating a resort closed calendar is very attracted visitors.
9. Waterfall Datanla:
Datanla or Datanla is a large waterfall in the tourist area Datanla – how Prenn 8 km and 10 km from Da Lat city and sights, adventurer. Datania Datanla or assembled by the words K’Ho: “Da-Tam-N’ha” means “water under the leaves”  – in relation to the war Cham- Lach – Chil centuries XV – XVII.
10. Dalat Market:
Finally the shopping tourist destination that Dalat Market.
Dalat market is a commercial center of the city of Da Lat is located on the main road is Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, and is considered the “heart of Da Lat city.” Not only is a market for the trading activities, the market is also attracting visitors to the city to Dalat.