Top places to visit in Vietnam
Ha Long Bay, Hoi An, Thien Mu Pagoda, Nha Trang, Phu Quoc … is the destination of international tourists are the most popular as voted by Touropia page.
1. Ha Long Bay. With its aqua-green water and cluster of limestone rocky outcrops rising from the water like sea dragons, Ha Long Bay resembles a scene from a fantasy story. Located about 130 km (80 miles) east of Hanoi in northern Vietnam, this otherworldly bay features more than 2,000 jungle-covered islands pitted with intriguing caves, grottoes, sinkholes and lakes. Many of the islands have been sculpted over the centuries by natural processes into fantastic formations.
Not only beautiful scenery by “clouds waves”, poetic beauty and numerous limestone islands floating on the water, Halong also gives visitors a sense of peace when immersed in the scenery. Rated as one of the world’s 29 most beautiful bay, 3/2012 last month, the New Open World organization also officially recognized Ha Long Bay is one of the new seven natural wonders of the world.
2. Thien Mu Pagoda. Also known as Linh Mu Pagoda, the ancient temple is situated on Ha Khe hill, on the left bank of the Perfume River, Hue city center 5km to the west. Official Thien Mu Pagoda was built in New Buffalo (1601), his princess Tien Nguyen Hoang, Nguyen first god in Cochin.
With its natural beauty and vast scale, Thien Mu Pagoda has become the most beautiful temple at that time. Through historical events, Thien Mu Pagoda was used as the International Forum Xishan Land reign (about 1788), but was rebuilt several times under the Nguyen dynasty. Today, the temple continued embellishment increasingly glorious, magnificent and always attractive, attracted visitors from near and far.
3. Hoan Kiem Lake. Also known as Sword Lake, is a natural freshwater lake in the city of Hanoi, the lake has an area of approximately 12 hectares. Previously, the lake also has a name: Luc Thuy Lake, Lake Corps, Hope and Huu Ta Vong, Hoan Kiem name first appeared in the fifteenth century in association with the legend of King Le Thai To pay for Turtle golden sword God.
Hoan Kiem Lake is associated with legendary lore, symbolizes the desire for peace, literature martial virtues of the people of Vietnam. Therefore, there has been a lot of artists have taken photographs Hoan Kiem Lake as the foundation for his work.
4. Hoi An. Hoi An is located off the coast of the South China Sea in South Central Vietnam, Hoi An is a beautiful, old city dating back 2,000 years to the Champa Kingdom. The city’s historic architecture, traditional culture and textiles make it a popular destination in Vietnam. At the heart of Hoi An is its atmospheric Old Town which is small enough to walk around easily. The narrow, winding lanes of the Old Town are lined with beautiful old architecture, traditional wooden houses and hundreds of tailor shops selling clothing, shoes, bags, souvenirs and custom-made services.
Hoi An today preserved almost intact relics of ancient architecture and cultural background of the intangible traditions, religious activities, folk art, cultural festival, the village … Besides traditional culinary culture in Hoi an was one of the special things that tourists often mentioned, if they have come here without enjoying the traditional dishes such as high floor, Quang noodles cake “white roses” … shall be deemed never to Hoi An.
5. Phu Quoc. This island is also known as Pearl Island, the largest island in Vietnam, is also the largest of 22 islands in regional populations Gulf of Thailand. Phu Quoc Island, along with other islands forming Phu Quoc island district, Kien Giang provincial. The entire island has a total area of 589.23 square kilometers.
In 2008, the site Concierge.com (specializing in tourism in Australia) has announced Phu Quoc Long Beach is one of 13 beaches “wild and beautiful” in the world. Also Phu Quoc is a place producing a fish sauce is not only famous in Vietnam, but also around the world are known.
6. Sapa Terraces. Sa Pa is a town in the northwest highlands of Vietnam, where the beautiful terraced fields that stretch as the ladder to take back sun rise. With its spectacular natural landscape, dreamy, mysterious love markets and rich cuisine, unique, Sapa was “mesmerized” when most of the tourists coming here.
In 2009, Travel and Leisure Magazine (USA) has voted Sapa rice terraces is 1 of 7 most beautiful terraces, magnificent in Asia and the world. 12/2011 travel magazine Lonely Planet (UK) has introduced the lands “Sapa is an amazing 10 points in the world to walk subjects” and the beginning of May 11/2013, the Ministry of Culture – Sports and tourism has also decided ratings Sapa’s terraced landscapes National heritage.
7. Mui Ne. Is a famous tourist center south central region, the center of the city of Phan Thiet (Binh Thuan), 22km northeast, where this is a wild green coastline with red sand dunes stretching as laid desert and sea fishing villages pure origin Vietnam.
Mui Ne also attracts tourists by numerous historical – cultural and a culture of diversity, multi-ethnic as Kinh, Cham, Hoa, Cham typical tower, water tower, Wat Ong Pagoda, Thien Hau, Van Thuy Tu and many other valuable monuments of culture, history, tourism.
8. Mekong Delta. As part of the Mekong River Delta, also known as the southern delta or southwest, a total area of square 40.548,2km. Due to the long coast and the Mekong divided into several tributaries, canals, islands, large and small islands and archipelagos, where appropriate for the type of ecotourism, to experience and explore.
To the Mekong Delta in addition to visiting the vast orchard, go on one of nine tributaries flowing into the sea of the Mekong River flows, hear traditional music and enjoying the southern region specialties, tourists also hard to ignore the visit the floating markets, a feature found only in the western waters.
9. Cu Chi Tunnels. As defense system in the ground in Cu Chi District, the land was known as the “land of steel”, Ho Chi Minh City from 70 kilometers to the west – north. This system is the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam built during the Indochina War and the Vietnam War.
This is a unique structure located deep in the ground, there are many stories, many nooks and crannies, such as spider webs on the 200km long, where food, accommodation, meetings and struggle of our army and people. With 3 different depths, on the ground floor of about 3m above the ground floor between approximately 6m and 12m deeper bottom floor. So far Ben Duoc Tunnels and Ben Dinh has been recognized as a State Historic national level.
10. Nha Trang. As a coastal city and a center of politics, economy, culture, and tourism in the province of Khanh Hoa, located south central coast of Vietnam. Sea Land also famous bird nest dishes, one of those foods nutritious delicacies are the kings used 400 years ago.
Dubbed the “Pearl of the Orient”, Nha Trang not only owns the natural landscape in the fresh, cool with the white sand stretches, the island off the coral ecosystem fantasy, but also famous by many ancient Cham temples moss, the quiet museum in the heart of the city.